Saturday, August 28, 2010

Glass magnetic whiteboard

My architect recently showed me this new whiteboard product.  It's called Chat Board.  It's made of glass and the big news is that it's magnetic.


In our new place we have designed a workstation area in the walk in pantry.  This is a place which will be used for all the messy stuff that normally clutters up the kitchen bench tops such as junk mail, correspondence, kid's school notices and the like.  It will also be a place where we can plug in phones and laptops all the while keeping them tucked away.  My plan is to have a big white board area that I can use for calendar notes, shopping lists and anything else that might normally end up on the fridge.

So I'm quite excited to see that I don't necessarily have to end up with a boring white slab of board but instead can now choose from a range of colours.

At the moment I would love it in bright red just for something nice and bold.  I'm thinking those white markers that write onto glass will be just the ticket for a very functional and good looking work area.  Will wait now to see what the price is like.  Unfortunately, we need a custom size (isn't it always the way!) so I'm not going to get too excited until I see the price.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love it, nothing on the fridge ... nothing!!!! Fridge Magnets be banned!!! This is a great idea!
    Love Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good fridge magnet, but what a great idea!

    What's happening with the next door neighbour. She seems delightful.

    Also, I'm not sure that she can object to you maintaining the fence...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence Julie- our glass white board is being installed this week. It was the suggestion of one of the members on the Decorating Forum. Thank goodness she suggested it as my husband thought my son could use big pieces of butchers paper to write his notes on & blu-tack them to the wall- eek. Ours is black but not magnetic, 1200 x 900 and cost $390 including installation. I will show pictures on the forum when it arrives:)

    ReplyDelete